Guidelines for Eligibility:
The patient must have a cancer diagnosis, be in active cancer treatment, and live in Clinton County or receive medical management in Clinton County. The patient may have commercial or government insurance but must show at least one immediate financial need such as:
- Termination of employment due to medical treatment
- Medical expenses that pose a true financial hardship (i.e. unable to meet living expenses)
- Loss of medical coverage or awaiting approval for medical coverage
- All other avenues of coverage have been exhausted (family, community, etc.) or if application to other patient assistance funds (diagnosis related community funds) would not be prudent due to lengthy approval for such funds.
- The patient should be medically compliant with treatment. (Exception would be if the patient has been non-compliant due to financial need, or other barriers to care.)
Types of Assistance:
Financial assistance may include but not be limited to the following:
- Assistance with medication expenses
- Transportation expenses (limited to non-ambulance)
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Lifeline services
- Nutritional support
- Monthly living expenses
- Temporary assistance with insurance payments, deductibles, co-pays
- Other requests to be considered on an individual basis
- Patients / advocates may obtain information about the Cancer Patient Assistance Program on The Health Alliance of Clinton County website or pamphlets. Information includes
- How to obtain an application
- Approval process
- Approved / suggested vendors
- Applications may be obtained online or from a designated CPAP member.
Click here to download a Cancer Assistance Fund application.
- Completed applications/narratives should be returned to the CPAP by mail to THACC, PO Box 881, Wilmington, OH 45177.
- Members of the CPAP committee will meet regularly to review applications and respond to requests.
- Decisions will be communicated to patient and/or social worker. Treasurer will be notified.
- Invoices will be paid in a timely manner.